Friday 27 March 2015

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Hair Products


Hi guys!
Over the years I've accumulated quite a few hair products, some have been a complete win, but some have been really disappointing. Even though I know its important to tell you about products I love, I feel like its within my duty to warn you about products that I found to be a complete flop. A couple of the products I mention aren't photographed above, since I threw the products away!

THE GOOD
VO5 Smoothly does it straightening cream -
A few years ago a hairdresser told me that the best way to tame my curly hair was not to use a curling mousse (I had tried many at this point, and failed to find a good one) but to use a straightening cream. Often, products do the opposite of what they say on the tin, and I find this to be the case with this product. I absolutely love it, because it controls my hair and any frizz that may come along with it.

Fudge Urban Hairspray and Dry Shampoo -
I adore Fudge Urban products. The hairspray and dry shampoo are my favourites, and I use them pretty much daily. They smell delicious, and are good value for money considering how well they do the job.

The Body Shop Beautifying Oil -
I think I've mentioned this in a favourites post before, but I will continue to mention it until I post no longer. I put this oil on the ends of my hair after I wash it, and it makes it feel so much softer! I recommend this, especially for people with damaged or coloured hair.

OGX Shampoos and Conditioners -
Okay. Every shampoo brand needs to get on this level. The packaging is gorgeous, the product is amazing - lovelovelove. I've tried a few variations from the brand, but at the moment I'm loving the argan oil collection as it works to repair the bleached ends of my hair.

THE BAD
Loreal Studio Salt Spray -
I'm not sure if my hair is just not compatible with salt spray, but this product didn't work for me at all. I didn't get a textured look when I used it on my hair, but it did smell nice - so every cloud!

Pantene Shampoo and Conditioner -
Pantene hair products leave my hair feeling clogged up and dirty, and I've tried many of the variations but none of them seem to work well with my hair type. I know that lots of people love Pantene, but I'm just not feeling it.

Tresemme Hairspray -
Let me start by saying that this isn't ALL bad. I like the smell of the hairspray, and it isn't too overpowering. Straight after I use it, my hair holds fine, but within a few hours the hold is gone and I'm left with half curls that haven't stayed in the whole day. I may return back to this hairspray and give it a second chance, but for now I'm sticking to my Fudge Urban.

THE DOWNRIGHT UGLY
Pantene Defined Curls Styling Mousse -
On the bottle it says you put a small amount of this mousse through the ends of your hair, and it controls frizz and leaves you with defined curls. This is 100% NOT what I got. It made my hair dry with what I can only describe as a 'crunchy' texture, you know the one? When your hair looks wet even though its dry, and it feels crispy? I hate this product (Sorry to be harsh) and the one time I used it I had to come home from shopping purely to wash it out of my hair. Ew.

Batiste Brunette Dry Shampoo -
Oh god. This one was a disaster. The dry shampoo is brown, to blend in with your hair colour and avoid the 'white hair' look. What it fails to mention is that it transfers brown powder to your face, that is surprisingly hard to remove and makes you appear to be some kind of modern age chimney sweep. I did not like this. At all.

So there you have it, my best and worst of hair products!
What products did you feel disappointed in?
Emily xoxo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© A Small Distraction. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig